This Twitter Marketing Tip will tell you 10 things you do and don’t need to do on Twitter. It’s very important that you learn and follow these rules, or you may get the Twitter slap!
- Make sure you Tweet everyday.
- Make sure that you mix good content in with your Twitter sales links, if you use them. Quotes, jokes, etc. are good.
- Make sure not to repeat the same exact Tweet over and over. It’s being viewed as duplicate content now.
- Do not follow too many people at one time. 100 an hour seems fairly safe, with no more than 500 a day.
- Do not unfollow too many people at one time, keep it to less than 100 a day.
- Do not follow and then unfollow people in succession right away, leave a few days in between.
- Don’t automate in any way the sending of direct messages to your followers. The welcome message seems safe as long as it’s not spam.
- Do not spam your followers with so much junk that they block you.
- You can use automation to help keep up with some of your tasks on Twitter, but don’t abuse it. Stick to the guidelines above.
- You can send links to mini-sites such as a sales page or squeeze page or to your blog. It’s best to give them a valuable treat for their email address.
These Twitter Tips should help keep you out of trouble. Just keep it simple and fun. Don’t do anything you don’t want done to you. Value your followers as much or more as you value your own Twitter account. Give them valuable info and lead them off Twitter to your real stash of goodies and you’ll see your online marketing business explode.
About The Author
Carol Hansen, a Twitter specialist focusing on building and monetizing with Twitter. You can connect with Carol on Twitter or Facebook and follow her latest projects, blog posts and cool tips on building and monetizing your Twitter following.